- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Will my information be kept confidential?
Yes. By law, census data can only be used for statistical purposes. Your responses will be
combined with other households to produce statistics, which never identify your household
or any person in your household. Your information is confidential and protected by law.
The penalty for unlawful disclosure is a fine of up to $250,000 or imprisonment of up to five
years, or both.