- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
Yes. As of now, the Census Bureau has not changed its plan to conduct follow-up with households that have not responded to the 2020 Census by the end of April. However, the Census Bureau may change the start date for or its plans to conduct this operation as a result of changing circumstances. The best way to avoid being visited by a Census Bureau field staff member is to complete the form online, over the phone with a Census Bureau representative, or by returning the paper form.