- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Why does the form ask about the relationship of people in my household to Person 1?
The answers to this question are used to determine household composition. It is also used to determine funding for federal nutrition and education programs, housing programs, and other social services that provide benefits to many U.S. communities. The 2020 Census is the first decennial census that lists same-sex relationships as answer choices on the form.