- How should I answer the race question if I am Middle Eastern or North African?
- How do I complete the census form for a second home, cabin or seasonal residence?
- Do I have to enter something into the text boxes after selecting my race in order to be able to move to the next question?
- Is the race of the household determined based on the race(s) selected by Person 1 on the 2020 Census form?
- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
Why does the form ask about the relationship of people in my household to Person 1?
The answers to this question are used to determine household composition. It is also used to determine funding for federal nutrition and education programs, housing programs, and other social services that provide benefits to many U.S. communities. The 2020 Census is the first decennial census that lists same-sex relationships as answer choices on the form.