- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Why do they ask whether the people living or staying in the household are of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?
The Census Bureau distinguishes Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin from race, which is why the questions are asked separately. The data from this question helps identify populations that may not be receiving needed services or enjoying equal employment opportunities.