- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
The 2020 Census will take place from March—July 2020. April 1, 2020, is National Census Day. Beginning in May, census workers will go door to door to count households that did not self-report. The count will be finalized by July 31, 2020, and national population totals and congressional apportionment are to be submitted to the President by December 31, 2020.