- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Has the Census Bureau changed the way it will work with service providers at emergency and transitional shelters, soup kitchens and regularly scheduled mobile food vans to count the populations they serve?
In an effort to limit in-person contact, the Census Bureau is contacting service providers to determine 1) whether they will be open between March 30 and April, and 2) whether they would be willing to provide a paper listing of census response data for each person served or staying at the facility instead.