- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
What happens if I wait to complete the census?
If your household does not respond, the Census Bureau will mail two reminders and a
paper census form in the fourth mailing. If you still haven’t completed the census by the
end of April, an employee from the Census Bureau will visit your home. They will identify
themselves at your door with an official U.S. Census badge. They are trained to help you
complete the census.