- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
What can I do to prevent Census staff from visiting my house?
The best way to avoid being visited in person by Census Bureau field staff is to complete and submit the form—either online, over the phone or by completing the paper form—by the end of April. Additionally, households that submit their form during the non-response follow-up stage will be removed from the field staff member’s workload and no further visits will be conducted.