- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
How will the 2020 Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
Even if they are at or home or temporarily elsewhere due to COVID-19 on April 1, college students should still be counted according to the standard residence criteria, which states they should be counted where they live and sleep most of the time. Students living away from home at school should be counted where they live at school.