- How should I answer the race question if I am Middle Eastern or North African?
- How do I complete the census form for a second home, cabin or seasonal residence?
- Do I have to enter something into the text boxes after selecting my race in order to be able to move to the next question?
- Is the race of the household determined based on the race(s) selected by Person 1 on the 2020 Census form?
- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
How do I identify a census worker?
A U.S. Census representative will always have official census ID if they come to your house.
ID badges will have their photograph, the Department of Commerce watermark, and an
expiration date. They will be able to provide you with supervisor contact information and/
or the regional office phone number for verification, and a letter from the Director of the
Census Bureau on Census Bureau letterhead. They may also carry a laptop and/or bag with a
Census Bureau logo.
If you still have questions about their identity or you suspect fraud, call 844-330-2020 to speak with a Census Bureau representative. If it is determined that the visitor who came to your door does not work for the Census Bureau, contact your local police department.