- People who do not regularly live at my house are now temporarily living here due to COVID-19. Where should they be counted?
- Is it true that you have to complete the Census in order to receive the “stimulus” checks from the federal government in response to COVID-19?
- What delays are taking place due to COVID-19?
- Will Census Bureau field staff still visit households that haven’t completed the survey for their household by the end of April?
- How will the Census count college students who had to move out early from their college residence facilities due to COVID-19?
During the 2020 Census, it is likely that a few organizations will distribute survey forms that are designed to look like the 2020 Census form in order to further their own agenda, illegally or irresponsibly gather private information, and lower Census response rates by creating confusion or fear. If you receive one of these ‘imposter” surveys, do not complete the form and, if you are comfortable doing so, call 844-330-2020 to speak with a Census Bureau representative to inform them of the issue.
You can visit https://2020census.gov/en/mailings.html to view the official envelope, form and other 2020 Census materials.